Google Scholar ResearchGate
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- DeGraaf, I, LE Condon and RM Maxwell (2020. Hyper-resolution continental-scale 3D-aquifer parameterization for groundwater modelling, Water Resources Research,56, e2019WR026004, https://doi.org/10.1029/2019WR026004.
- Tran, H, J Zhang, JM Cohard, LE Condon and RM Maxwell (2020). Simulating groundwater-streamflow connections in the Upper Colorado River Basin, Groundwater, https://doi.org/10.1111/gwat.13000.
- Fayaz, N, LE Condon and DG Chandler (2020). Evaluating the sensitivity of projected reservoir reliability to the choice of climate projection: A case study of Bull Run Watershed, Portland, Oregon, Water resources Management, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11269-020-02542-3.
- Kuffour, BNO, NB Engdahl, CS Woodward, LE Condon, S Kollet, and RM Maxwell (2020). Simulating coupled surface–subsurface flows with ParFlow v3.5.0: capabilities, applications, and ongoing development of an open-source, massively parallel, integrated hydrologic model. Geosci. Model Dev., 13(3), 1373-1397.
- Condon, LE, KH Markovich, CA Kelleher, JJ McDonnell, G Ferguson and JC McIntosh (2020). Where is the bottom of a watershed? Water Resources Research, 56, e2019WR026010, https://doi.org/10.1029/2019WR026010.
- Van Dusen, P, B Rajagopalan, DJ Lawrence, LE Condon, G Smilie, S Gangopadhyay and T Pruitt (2020). 21st Century Flood Risk Projections and Selected Sites for the U.S. National Parks Service, Climate Risk Management, 28,100211.
- Condon, LE, AL Atchley and RM Maxwell (2020). Evapotranspiration depletes groundwater under warming over the contiguous United States. Nature Communications, 11(873).
- Markovich, KH, AH Manning, LE Condon, JC McIntosh (2019). Mountain-block Recharge: A Review of Current Understanding. Water Resources Research, 55, https://doi.org/10.1029/2019WR025676.
- Condon, LE and RM Maxwell (2019). Simulating the sensitivity of evapotranspiration and streamflow to large-scale groundwater depletion. Science Advances 5(6): eaav4574. https://doi.org/10.1126/sciadv.aav4574
- Hein, A, LE Condon and RM Maxwell (2019). Evaluating the relative importance of precipitation, temperature and land-cover change in the hydrologic response to extreme meteorological drought conditions over the North American High Plains. Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci, https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-23-1931-2019.
- Condon, LE and RM Maxwell (2019). Modified priority flood and global slope enforcement algorithm for topographic processing in physically based hydrologic modeling applications. Computers & Geosciences, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2019.01.020.
- Ehmann, K, C Kelleher, LE Condon (2018). Monitoring turbidity from above: Deploying small unoccupied aerial vehicles to image in-stream turbidity. Hydrological Processes https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.13372.
- Maxwell, RM, LE Condon, M Danesh-Yazdi, and LA Bearup (2018).Exploring source water mixing and transient residence time distributions of outflow and evapotranspiration with an integrated hydrologic model and Lagrangian particle tracking approach. Ecohydrology, 2018;e2042, doi:10.1002/eco.2042, 2018.
- Kelleher, C, CA Scholz, LE Condon, and M Reardon (2018), Drones in geoscience research: The sky is the only limit, Eos, 99, https://doi.org/10.1029/2018EO092269.
- Danesh-Yazdi, M., J Klaus, LE Condon and RM Maxwell (2018). Bridging the gap between numerical solutions of travel time distributions and analytical storage selection functions. 32(8): p. 1063-1076, doi:10.1002/hyp.11481
- Condon, LE and RM Maxwell (2017). Systematic shifts in Budyko relationships caused by groundwater storage changes. Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci., 21(2): p. 1117-1135, doi:10.5194/hess-21-1117-2017
- Maxwell, RM and LE Condon (2016). Connections between groundwater flow and transpiration partitioning. Science, 353:6297, 377-380 doi:10.1126/science.aaf7891.
- Maxwell, RM, LE Condon, SJ Kollet, K Maher, R Haggerty, and MM Forrester (2016). The imprint of climate and geology on the residence times of groundwater. Geophysical Research Letters, 43:2, 701-708, doi:10.1002/2015GL066916
- Condon, LE and RM Maxwell (2015). Evaluating the relationship between topography and groundwater using outputs from a continental-scale integrated hydrology model. Water Resources Research, doi:10.1002/2014WR016774
- Condon, LE, AS Hering, and RM Maxwell (2015). Quantitative assessment of groundwater controls across major US river basins using a multi-model regression algorithm. Advances in Water Resources, 82, 106-123. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2015.04.008
- Maxwell, RM, LE Condon, and SJ Kollet (2015). A high resolution simulation of groundwater and surface water over most of the continental US with the integrated hydrologic model ParFlow v3. Geoscientific Model Development, 8, 923-937. doi:10.5194/gmd-8-1-2015
- Bierkens, MFP, V Bell, P Burek, N Chaney, LE Condon, C David, A de Roo, P Doell, N Drost, J Famiglietti, M Florke, D Gochis, P Houser, R Hut, J Keune, S Kollet, RM Maxwell, J Reager, L Samaniego, E Sutandudjaja, N van de Giesen, H Winsemius, E Wood (2015). Hyper-resolution global hydrological modelling: what’s next? Hydrologic Processes, 29(2), 310-320. doi:10.1002/hyp.10391
- Condon, LE, S Gangopadhyay, and T Pruitt (2015). Climate change and non-stationary flood risk for the Upper Truckee River Basin. Hydrol. Earth Syst., 19(1), 159-175. doi: 10.5194/hess-19-159-2015
- Condon, LE and RM Maxwell (2014). Feedbacks between managed irrigation and water availability: Diagnosing temporal and spatial patterns using an integrated hydrologic model. Water Resources Research, 50(3), 2600-2616. doi:10.1002/2013WR014868
- Condon, LE and RM Maxwell (2014). Groundwater-fed irrigation impacts spatially distributed temporal scaling behavior of the natural system: A spatio-temporal framework for understanding water management impacts. Environmental Research Letters, 9(3), 034009. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/9/3/034009
- Condon, LE and RM Maxwell (2013). Implementation of a linear optimization water allocation algorithm into a fully integrated physical hydrology model. Advances in Water Resources, 60, 135-147. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2013.07.012
- Condon, LE, RM Maxwell, and S Gangopadhyay (2013). The impact of subsurface conceptualization on land energy fluxes. Advances in Water Resources, 60, 188-203. doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2013.08.001
- Gong, G, L Wang, L Condon, A Shearman, and U Lall (2010). A Simple Framework for Incorporating Seasonal Streamflow Forecasts into Existing Water Resources Management Practices. JAWRA, 46(3), 574-585. doi:10.1111/j.1752-1688.2010.00435.x
- Maxwell, RM, SJ Kollet, SG Smith, CS Woodward, RD Falgout, IM Ferguson, N Engdahl, LE Condon, S Lopez, J Gilbert, L Bearup, J Jefferson, C Prubilick, C Baldwin, WJ Bosl, R Hornung, and S Ashby (2014). ParFlow User’s Manual, International Ground Water Modeling Center, GMWI 2014-01 v.693.
- Condon, LE, K Blickenstaff, and S Gangopadhyay (2013). Mojave River Watershed Climate Change Assessment. US Department of the interior, Bureau of Reclamation, Technical Memorandum No. 86-68210-2013-04.
- Blickenstaff, K, SG Gangopadhyay, I Ferguson, LE Condon, and T Pruitt (2013). Climate Change Analysis for the Santa Ana River Watershed. US Department of the Interior, Bureau of Reclamation, Technical Memorandum No. 86-68210-2013-02.